One coach must be ACE Certified; doesn’t have to be the head coach. It’s mandated by code and the U.S. Olympic Committee. The ACE training in available online at:
Since we won’t have a coaches meeting, here’s some important points for the 10U/12U this weekend:
- In pool play, all players can be in the line-up. In case of injury, an out will not be recorded if they miss their turn at bat as long as they are not short handed (<9 batter). The injured batter is ineligible for the rest of that game.
- In bracket play, can only bat nine batters. Can use a DP/Flex, but only 9 player will bat.
- Courtesy runners must be an available substitute…. no subs then no courtesy runner
- There will be no coaches on the field on defense… no sitting on the bucket outside the dugout calling pitches (Championship Play rule)
- No coaches agreements
- No metal jewelry except for medical id bracelets
- All substitutions go through home plate umpire
- Home team will be official scorekeeper
- Flip at home plate for home/visitor
- Only head coach will make inquiry about rules interpretation or call.
Coach Pitch will play two pool to double elimination. Based on the order of finish, teams will be seeded into either the Gold, Silver or Bronze bracket at the State Tournament depending on number of teams. If you team plans to compete in the Coach Pitch State Tournament in Ridgeland, then you’ll need to give us the entry fee this weekend before you leave ($250).
Good Luck to everyone. Most of all, we want the players to be safe and have a fun weekend. Be sure your players hydrate to be able to handle the heat.