For teams wanting to compete in the 10U or 12U Class C South State, they must meet the following guidelines:
— All players must come from the same league.
— All players must have been on a league roster before the season was half over.
— A player on a C team roster cannot be on any other USA Softball roster.
— Once a league all-star team is picked, the team can play in tournaments BUT the players cannot play in tournaments with any other team
— **Class C teams MUST come from a registered USA Softball registered league.
ALL TOURNAMENT ENTRY FORMS AND ENTRY FEES ARE DUE TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT START DATE.
Below is a checklist of items necessary for Championship Play:
1. Tournament Entry Form. Please complete a Tournament Entry Form: either online or hard copy. Please indicate which tournament (A, B, C or Coach Pitch South State) you would like to participate in. Actual classification will be determined by the State Commissioner before brackets are completed.
There are two options for completing the Tournament Entry Form:
a) Online registration is the preferred method of registration and payment. The full list of Tournaments can be found under J.O. Tournaments/Tournaments
or b) Complete a paper registration form and submit payment. The sooner we get them, the better. Please make checks payable to USA Softball of Mississippi and mail to the Tournament Director or the State Commissioner. Addresses and contact information can be found at Officers. Forms can be found at Forms.
2. Tournament Entry Fee. The tournament entry fee must be submitted with the Tournament Entry Form. Online payment is available. A check can also be mail to cover the entry fee. Fast Pitch is $350.00. The State Tournament will either be two pool to double elimination or a three game guarantee. Coach Pitch South State Tournament Entry Fee is $240.00. There is also a convenience fee for paying online to cover the credit card transaction fees.
3. Championship Roster. You will need to complete a Championship Roster will all your players listed and parent’s signatures. Roster Forms can be signed by the Tournament Director before the start of the tournament.
4. USA Softball Individual Registration. All players participating in USA Softball Championship Play must be Individually Registered. This is a national requirement . Most of your players should are already Individually Registered. The cost is $15 per player. The preferred method of submitting the Individual Registration including payment is online at this URL:
Online Individual Registration.
5. ACE Certification. At least one Coach must be ACE Certified. I highly recommend the ACE training. You get the training, background check, liability insurance and identification card with proof of the background check. The certification can be completed online at http://www.registerusasoftball.com/. It’s $25 for Level 1 and $20 for Levels 2-4. You only need one level per year. You also have to renew it every year. As the National Governing Body of Softball and member of the United States Olympic Committee, we are now required to comply with SafeSport training. SafeSport’s mission to enable all athletes to participate in sports free from sexual harrassment and bullyingin sports free from bullying, hazing, sexual misconduct or any form of emotional or physical abuse. The ACE Certification process will require going through the SafeSport Online Training Program.
6. Background Checks: Every person in the dugout must have a background check. You can do just the background check at http://registerusasoftball.com/. It’s included with the ACE Training above which I firmly believe is a better deal.
7. Birth Certificates. You must present a birth certificate for each player at the tournament. Copies are fine. If you don’t have a birth certificate, one of the following forms of birth verification or proof of age must be available to the Tournament Director: Birth Certificate, hospital certificate, baptismal certificate, driver’s license, or a valid passport. Photocopies of any of the above are acceptable for J.O. identification.
8. Recent Photo. You must have a recent photo for each player with the birth certificate.
9. Notebook. It’s best to keep a notebook with all your players birth certificates, photos and Individual Registration Cards. I keep a binder with everything for a player in a single sheet protector. It also helps if your Tournament Director if they are in the same order as on the roster.
10. Nationals. If you want to play in a National Tournament, please tell you State Tournament Director at the tournament.
Thank you for Playing USA Softball!